Plenty of people who would love FOGcon and contribute an interesting perspective cannot afford to come to an SF/F convention. But you can help bring them to the con by donating toward the Angel Fund, which helps pay for memberships, hotel rooms, and travel expenses. You can even buy a membership we'll allocate to someone who needs a little financial help to attend. All givers and recipients are anonymous.
Here's how to donate a FOGcon Angel Program Membership:
- Go to http://db.fogcon.org/account and either create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Click Register for FOGcon 5.
- In the Enter a Name to Search text box, type "Angel Membership".
- Under "Which one do you mean?" select Angel Membership, not shown above.
- Enter Angel Membership as the name and click Save New Person.
- Select the Adult Membership rate, and click Place Order.
If you are interested in helping, but don’t want to buy a full membership, you can also donate money to the FOGcon Angel Fund via the Donate button on FOGcon.org. Any amount you want to give will be appreciated and will help someone in need.
- Click the Donate button. You will be taken to a special PayPal sign-in page.
- Fill in the amount you'd like to donate.
- Then fill in your email address (if it isn't already showing) and your PayPal password.
- Click the LOG IN button.
- A new page will open. It says “[Your Name], please review your donation.”
- Under “Purpose,” the page says “FOGcon Donation.” Just below that is a blue underlined hyperlink: Add special instructions to the seller. Click that link.
- A small window will appear. Type in “Angel fund.”
- Check all the other details. When you are satisfied that they are correct, click the Donate Now button.
If you'd like to be considered to receive an Angel Membership, please email email@example.com.